Sunday, February 13, 2022

Cambridge Portfolio Project

Beginning the Process

So, last class we were given the instructions for the long awaited portfolio project, and to be honest, I am a little overwhelmed. Don't get me wrong I am very excited to get started, but it is pretty daunting to hear everything I need to include in one sitting. Nevertheless, my partner and I are already discussing our ideas for the project. We planned to work together because we both have different talents and skills when it comes to production, and we figured the best thing is to maximize our skills and work together. As for the project, we plan to pick a genre by next week, and then we will start brainstorming specific ideas for our film introduction. We will be researching title sequences for different types of genres, that way we can base our choice off of the one that we can complete to our best potential. Because this project will be completed over such a long period of time, my partner and I plan to create a schedule for ourselves (i.e. when we should have picked our intro idea, when we should start filming, etc.), that way we will not feel rushed and ruin our intro's quality.

Film introductions, as we learned in class, have to grab the audience's attention to truly be entertaining and effective in introducing the film. You can establish tone or background, develop characters, establish conflict, or create mystery. But, you should aim to establish an overarching theme for the entire movie. We watched many samples in class to see these openings, but I also went home and watched the openings to several other movies, including some of my favorites. I watched examples of establishing conflict and developing characters with the title sequences of Ladybird and Parasite. With these scenes in my head, my partner and I will aim to create a more artistic sequence that can grab the audience's attention like these. Over the course of this week, we plan to get inspiration for our intro by watching even more examples, and just brainstorming ideas ourselves. But above all, my partner and I plan to approach this project with the intent of making this a fun experience, and I cannot wait to document all that we do here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birdcage Opening

Here it is! The long-awaited (hopefully) opening of Birdcage, our new coming-of-age fiction film.  Thank you to everyone who has tuned in. O...