Sunday, March 27, 2022

Finishing touches

You read that right, we finished!! It's very anticlimactic because there's nowhere for us to submit it until its due date, but nonetheless, this has still felt monumental. I have been editing this all throughout my trip, so it feels surreal to be finally done. I think both my partner and I can agree that this project has been/is kind of like our baby. But overall, we are content with our opening and proud of all that we have accomplished. We feel the opening truly encompasses the coming-of-age feel. Considering our budget (literally nothing) and our experience in film-making (little to nothing), we created the best opening that we could create.

We had to make some changes while we were editing. First, we were a little over time after putting all the clips together, so we had to either get rid of some or shorten some clips in order for us to meet the 2 minute requirement. We also had to download our title font from a different website (freebestfonts.com), because--we didn't realize this before-- the other website required us to pay to download the fonts. Moreover, we recorded the audio separately (as mentioned before) but it sounded a little bad at times when I went back and listened to it. So, I kept some of the original audio in certain clips. If it was truly necessary, then I inserted the recorded audio, which was a little time-consuming but worthwhile in the end. 

Here's the last screenshot of our opening. I plan to export it tomorrow, since it's late tonight, but we are done!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Birdcage Opening

Here it is! The long-awaited (hopefully) opening of Birdcage, our new coming-of-age fiction film.  Thank you to everyone who has tuned in. O...