Friday, March 18, 2022

Getting advice from classmates

Yesterday, we had group meetings in class where we met in small groups of 5-6 to talk about our projects and present our ideas. My group was 5 people, and they were all very helpful and attentive. At first, I presented my idea for the plot and storyline. I directed them to this blog (<3), because it is the ultimate source of anything and everything related to this project. I allowed them to scroll through and ask me questions about any of my posts. Then, I explained some of the finer details of the project: like the actors we plan to have, the location, our title, and music choices. We already planned almost everything we needed to start filming (yay us!), so I didn't have many questions for the group. 

I did, however, ask them for other music recommendations. We already found music that is royalty-free, but I was wondering if there were other, better websites that had a wider range for us to use. My classmates fortunately found several websites that had royalty-free music sorted by genre, like bensound.com and Youtube music libraries. One of them even recommended contacting artists on Instagram and asking for the rights to use their music, because it was a quick process that still gave them written permission to use quality music. 

Overall, these meetings were helpful in simply giving us much needed validation. They really liked our title "Birdcage" and thought it was extremely creative and pertained well to our story. They also liked how our "film" would include and represent a part of society that goes unrepresented a lot of the time. We were both told how great it was that we were doing our film on something we both enjoy and are knowledgeable on: deaf culture. This is what we needed to give us that extra bit of confidence, especially when we planned to film that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birdcage Opening

Here it is! The long-awaited (hopefully) opening of Birdcage, our new coming-of-age fiction film.  Thank you to everyone who has tuned in. O...