Thursday, March 31, 2022

Making an outline

Now that I've learned what I need to answer in my CCR, I actually need to plan on how to answer it. So, I thought it would be best to create a script of what I am going to say. I am not the best speaker there is, so I think creating a script is best, because it eliminates most room for error (which I need right now), and makes the entire process just that much simpler. But, before creating the script, I think it is necessary to make on outline of what I will say in response to the questions. The outline will focus on answering each question to the fullest, and only that. The script, on the other hand, will focus on using the information from the outline and contorting it so it flows together and doesn't seem choppy and robotic when I'm reading it. I also want to showcase a little bit of my personality in the script, rather than just reading in a monotone voice. Granted I'm not the best at public speaking, but I think if I treat this like I'm making a YouTube video (for a board of educational superiors), then I can talk easily.

Here is my outline. I decided to be as concise as I could while also answering every aspect of the questions. There is a time limit, or at least a limit until the grader loses interest, so I want to make sure I relay my information in the most effective manner I possibly can. Moreover, I plan to use my graphic editing past to add in some graphics and make it more entertaining. I also plan to use clips from our film itself when explaining, and photos from our research and planning to make it more engaging with the audience. Lastly, I wanted to add something that would make my CCR more personal and similar to our opening. So, I will actually sign my introduction using American Sign Language, and possibly sign the questions too. This will introduce the representation evident in our film from the start of my CCR, and add a fun, personal touch to my video.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Birdcage Opening

Here it is! The long-awaited (hopefully) opening of Birdcage, our new coming-of-age fiction film.  Thank you to everyone who has tuned in. O...