Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Beginning to edit

Now that we have finished filming, we have to start editing. It IS Spring Break right now, so we don't have as much time to edit, but we planned for this accordingly. We will start editing either tonight or tomorrow, because it has taken a while for me to import the clips. I said before that everything went smoothly with the filming process, and in saying that I kind of jinxed myself because later that day I tried imported the clips to my computer and I didn't have sufficient storage. Luckily, this was an easy fix: all I had to do was clear out items on my computer, but this was not a quick process. I have a lot of stuff on my computer mainly because of school, so it took a while to clear out the unimportant documents (which was surprisingly little). I finally had sufficient storage this morning, which is when I started importing the clips. It is usually a lengthy process (I have done this before), so it took all morning. But now, all the clips are imported, as well as audio, and we are ready to start editing!

My partner and I have taken film classes in middle school, and in those classes we were taught primarily on Adobe Premiere Pro. I, however, also learned special effects editing on Adobe After Effects throughout this time. Since I am the one with the apps already on my personal computer, I will be the main editor while Jaxson helps with decision-making and support. I've primarily used After Effects, but I am comfortable using both softwares. Because this project doesn't require much visual effects and motion effects, I will likely stick to using Premiere Pro because it is a system we are both comfortable with, so Jaxson can also help contribute. Plus, Premiere is perfect for coloring and audio effects, both of which we need for our opening. 

The software we plan on using: Adobe Premiere Pro.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Birdcage Opening

Here it is! The long-awaited (hopefully) opening of Birdcage, our new coming-of-age fiction film.  Thank you to everyone who has tuned in. O...